I designed name tags for our store that follow our brand manual type face and logo.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 1.29.43 PM.png

Store bags



Photoshop, illustrator & InDesign

I think it’s safe to say that i have gotten the hang of alpha channels & clipping paths. During this project we heavily relied on photoshop, illustrator and indesign; designing through out these programs, i made less mistakes for each step of the projects. For example on the first project (store card) i had issues with the resolution, for the second (branding manual) i had issues printing and for the last and final project for this class (packaging) i had little to no issues with every step of the way creating the piece. This is because through-out the class i got the hang of organizing my files in a certain way that made it easier for me to design.

The importance of a mock up version

With the mock up a person can easily tell their weaknesses before they print the original version of the project. This is because everything is not what it seems on the screen! Especially during package making, it it’s VITAL that you make at least  3 mock up versions before the final. You never know what will go wrong, whether the creases are in the wrong place or the colors look different or the sizing needs to be adjusted- a mock up version is extremely important.

Relationship with print vendor & print terms

It is important to sit down and meet with your print vendor, explain your job and request a mock up version before you go through with your job. It is equally important to label everything out on the slug like the:- 

-solid colors 


-vector image 

-rasterized image 

-crease lines 

-die lines

and other layers depending on what job you’re doing. It is important to develop a relationship with the print vendor and understand print terms for a stronger relationship. Upon doing so you have a good reputation as a designer and client will more likely want to work with you. Understanding the terms with the print vendor will save you and the print vendor from headaches. Therefore, it is vital to understand these terms before developing your ideas for print. Furthermore, when you do understand the print terms the print vendor will take you seriously and will see that you understand what is going on. In return, this means that the print vendor will take the project more seriously and there is less room for mistake from their side because you understand the procedures of printing

Organizing files & Understanding CMYK and RGB colors in depth

After our visit to the print vendor, i truly appreciate all the work that’s put in to create a beautiful piece. RGB is the screen version whereas CMYK is the printed version. A pantone color is a special color made for specific print jobs. After seeing everything live in action i realized the importance of having all my files organized and in place. Every layer of the job has to be labeled. 

Branding manual// final.

During this part of the project we had to create a branding manual for our store. While creating the branding manual, i felt like the relationship between GDES and IDES strengthened as we were helping each other with content to produce. Below is a few main pages of my branding manual.Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 3.35.28 AMScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 3.35.56 AMScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 3.36.09 AMScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 3.36.30 AM

Overall, i believe my branding manual was informative. Before this project i did not understand the use of a branding manual as some things seemed bluntly obvious to me but after finishing this project i changed my perspective on branding manuals.

As a designer, you need to illustrate how your work should be used; i came to the conclusion that this is extremely important for a designers reputation because if the guidelines were not present clients would use designers work (and possibly alter it to make it ugly!) under the designers name. A branding manual is technically a ‘rule book’ of things that are allowed and should not be allowed to do.